sábado, 3 de enero de 2009

Girl Skeleton, Rigging


This is the skeleton of the girl.
I've started from the legs, adding joints and IK-handles from the hip to the ankles.
To control the foot I've added two simple circle shapes parented with the base of the foot. The foot can already been animated with driven keys. To achieve this I´ve added the attribute Foot Roll to the shape of the foot and settled the proper keys to simulate the movement of the foot when it moves.
To the knees there are two controls (r and l) to allow a more flexible movement of the knees, on the left and on the right.
I suppose this could have been achieved with ikRPsolver (ik rotate plane solver), but I´m not sure.
Then I´ve done the spine, adding clusters to make the selection easier and connecting everything to the root (the one I've selected with the move command).



In this scene I've added six shape controls, each one is controlling one part of the body, but all the shapes are connected to the central one, in the middle of the pelvis.
So, this root one is controlling all the body, but each one can control its own part of the body. So I can rotate the neck, curving the back, rotating and moving the chest and so on.
When I try to animate it is really cool.
So now I have to go on with the arms and then I can finally bind the skin to the skeleton and watch the results.

No hay comentarios: